It is a great pleasure for me to submit the annual report for the year 2014-15 when FINACT has made several initiatives, organized events and supported communities. FINACT organized Indian Independence Day in association with IAAC and all Indian communities. This reflects the Indian communities showcased on the Independence Day.
- The Community Harmony Day was another significant milestone to enable the community leaders to develop networks with key political leaders, Government officials, High Commission of India and many other community leaders.
- FINACT organized a dinner with Minister Rajiv Pratap Rudy and Indian Parliamentary Delegation thereby creating an opportunity for the local community leaders to meet and greet the Indian delegates in an informal setting.
- FINACT initiated and organized ACT Mini (Multicultural) Cricket World Cup in partnership with Cricket ACT which was very well received by various multicultural societies in Canberra. The tournament will likely be an annual event growing bigger and better each year.
- It was a pleasure to see FINACT’s association with High Commission of India in organising the International Yoga Day at Old Parliament Lawns. FINACT has supported many initiatives of the member associations.
- FINACT has coordinated with many different communities and enabled them to form Canberra Hindu Mandir and apply for the land. I am pleased to see FINACTs efforts to get land for the temple is fruitful and became ACT Government’s consideration. This shows my efforts to bring all the Indian communities united and represented as undivided community is the way forward.
- With FINACT’s support to pursue Telugu and Malayalam language are in the process of recognition as Australian Community Language.
- FINACT has facilitated a meeting with Canberra Taxi operators and ACT Government for the better understanding of the issues.
Please see more in the Annual Report.