Dear FINACT Members,
This is a formal invite and notice of the FINACT Annual General Meeting (AGM) for 2017. Below are the details on venue, date and time:
Date: 15 July, 2017 (Saturday)
Time: 11:00 am
Venue: Whitlam Room, Belconnen Labour Club (Please note club dress regulations will apply)
NB: Each member association nominates a primary delegate and a secondary delegate for FINACT. The primary delegate will be eligible to vote and be nominated for a position in Executive Committee. Secondary delegate will act in the absence of primary delegate and cast a vote in decision making.
Please update and send the names of your primary and secondary delegate for FINACT for FY 2017-18 prior to the AGM and pay for the renewal of your membership for 2017-18 at the earliest. Cash is also accepted on the day, if you missed to pay in advance.
Below is the proposed agenda for the AGM
1. Welcome and Introductions
2. Acceptance of previous AGM meeting minutes held on 23 July, 2016
3. President’s address to the GC
4. Annual report and Financial Statement for FY 2015 -16
5. Any other matters for discussion
6. Election of Executive Committee for FY 2017 – 18. Election will be held for the following positions
- Coordinator for Community Services
- Coordinator for Cultural Programmes
- Women Representative
- Youth Representative
- Public Relations Officer
Mr Damodar Nambiar will be returning officer. Please send in your nominations for any of the above positions to Mr. Nambiar ( firstname.lastname@example.org ).
7. Vote of thanks
Please find the link to FINACT’s constitution for your reference. (https://finact.net.au/images/2016/03/FINACT-Constitution-June-2013.pdf)
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Federation of Indian Associations of Act (FINACT)