- To present a unified front for all its member associations and promote the advancement of people of Indian origin (hereinafter referred to as “the Indian community”) in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and surroundings.
- To act as a channel of communication between the Indian community and the Commonwealth Government, the Territory/State Governments or the Indian Government on welfare, social and economic matters where practical and justifiable.
- To promote among the people resident in Australia and, in particular, the ACT an awareness about Indians being responsible Australian citizens and to cultivate a feeling of mutual respect through increased social & cultural interaction, sport and recreation.
- To celebrate at least two major Indian functions and festivals every year. The non-prescriptive list includes the Indian Independence Day, the Indian Republic Day, A Friendship Fair, An Open Day and the Australia Day.
- To establish, develop and maintain an “India Centre” – a Community and Resource centre in ACT for use and benefit of member organisations and of the community.
- To establish such facilities and to do all such other lawful activities as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the vision of the Federation.
If your association is interested in joining FINACT, please contact us or use the following form: