I express my gratitude to all of the FINACT member associations and their delegates for their support and confidence throughout the year 2015-16. I am honoured and humbled by your trust and confidence in me and for giving me the opportunity to work with you once again in 2016-17 in order to promote the objectives of FINACT.
I am pleased to inform you that following the AGM on 23 July 2016, the new executive committee of FINACT for 2016-17 has been constituted unanimously. The new executive committee is comprised of highly respected leaders within the Indian community who have a wealth of experience in the fields of academics and community service.
FINACT will continue to present a unified front for all of its member associations and promote the advancement of people of Indian origin in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and surroundings.
FINACT had a very successful 2016-15 in which;
- FINACT held meetings with Senators, Members of Parliament and Legislative assembly to address the needs of the ethnic Indian community
- organized Indian Independence Day in partnership with India Australia Association of Canberra
- organised Community Harmony Day enabling the community leaders to develop networks with key political leaders, Government Officials, the High Commission of India and many other community leaders
- continued with the festivities of the FINACT T-20 Tournament
- participated in and promoted International Yoga Day
- organised interactive meetings, meet and greet events for the community with visiting Indian bureaucrats and political leaders and
- facilitated monetary, legal and moral support to the members of the Indian community on multiple occasions.
FINACT will continue playing a meaningful role for the Indian diaspora and will keep advocating on matters of interest to the Indian communities. We will continue to promote Indian Art & Culture and to foster friendships with the wider Australian Community.
Thank you and look forward to your continuing support.