This is to inform you all that the Sub Committee for the Cricket Tournament formed at the last General Council meeting had its first meeting. The Tournament is named as FINACT T-20 Rolling Trophy Cricket Tournament and will be held annually. The Sub Committee decided to conduct the inaugural tournament in a grand fashion. The theme of the tournament is One community- One team where teams will be formed under the banner of their respective States. We are extremely glad to inform you that the tournament will be sponsored by ‘Colliers International’. Former NewZealnd cricket great Mr. Chris Cairns who works for Colliers Group also attended the Sub Committee meeting representing the Sponsor company.
The Final match of the tournament will be played at Manuka Oval. Please note that the last date for registration of the tournament is October 15 2011.
Please see the following information relating to the tournament.
1. Tournament name: FINACT T-20 Rolling Trophy Cricket Tournament – Sponsored by Colliers International
2. Tournament date: Mid February 2012 – Mid March 2012
3. Number of teams: To be finalised. Committee decided that teams are to be formed under the banner of respective States on a “One Community- One Team” theme base.
4. Preliminary rounds venue: Deakin Oval & Nicholls Oval
5. Finals venue – Manuka Oval
6. Awards to be given:
a) Man of the Match
b) Man of the Series
c) Best Batsman
d) Best Bowler
e) FINACT Eleven: Committee decided to select FINACT eleven at the end of the tournament consists of the top 11 players of the tournament based on their performance. Mementos & awards to be presented to each of those players.
7. Registration fee: $200 for each team
8. Closing date for Registration- 15 October 2011
Please contact any of the following Sub committee members should you have any queries to this regard.
FINACT Executive requests all the member organisations support and active participation to make this tournament a grand success.